When it comes to professional animation, there can be few packages more complete than Toon Boom Studio.
Toon Boom Studio enables professional animators to create rich, eye-catching animations for video, websites, television, film, games, mobile devices, e-learning applications, and much more.
It should be clear from the start that this is strictly a professional application, although the developer does offer a more basic version of Toon Boom Studio for beginners.
Toon Boom Studio allows you to import media such as templates, movies and photos as long as they are in SWF, AI, PSD, JPEG, TGA and GIF format.
The aim of the studio is to make animation on your Mac as natural as drawing with pen and paper. You can bring life to your animations with sound (in WAV, AIFF, MP3 format) and to make things look more realistic, there's a lip sync analyzer to make sure your characters lip-sync in time.
You can zoom in and out of animations, create 3D spaces and scale and rotate your creations until they're exactly right. Export formats are fairly flexible too including Flash (SWF), QuickTime, DV Stream and AVI.
The other big advantage that Toon Boom Studio offers is that you don't need to learn how to animate in Flash to use it.
Toon Boom Studio is a powerful and flexible professional animation packages that should make your creations come to life.
- Convenient Skeleton Effect Layer in the timeline
- Useful Bone Level for segmenting and animating the character
- Easy setting of rotation, length and position of the bones
- Practical manipulation of the bones in the timeline
- Fast transformation of vector shapes
- Impressive transformation of pixmap textures
- More accurate region of influence to move objects
- Smart reuse of Bone templates on several characters
- Real-time preview of Bone Effect
- Full QuickTime export of Bone Effect
- Fast SWF export of Bone effect (Vector shapes only)
- Several software improvements and bug fixes